How to Budget for a Kitchen Remodeling Project
Many factors contribute to the total cost of a kitchen remodel.
For example, cabinets and appliances are among some of the biggest expenses, so making deliberate choices in these areas can have a significant impact on your kitchen remodeling budget. Also, anything that is custom-designed or special ordered also will likely increase your costs.
At Republic West Remodeling, we like to suggest some options that can help give you a look you want, no matter what your kitchen remodeling budget may be.
We provide every customer cost certainty
One of the biggest kitchen remodeling nightmares is discovering that the final cost of your remodel has little resemblance to the upfront cost initially presented when the contract was first signed. At Republic West Remodeling, we refer to this situation as “cost creep.” When your budget is handled incorrectly, it can causecost creep which becomes an absolute fact of your remodeling project.
We work diligently with our clients to detail an exact scope of work to execute for a mutually-agreed upon final design. Then, we provide a final cost for that scope of work. Without this level of detail and analysis, any quote given becomes a rough estimate only, leading to cost uncertainty. Here’s a peek at our process:
- Through listening and creative dialogue, we create a well-designed, fine-tuned, well defined and complete scope of work and always present it before contract signing and the expenditure of the first dollar.
- We utilize extensive attention to detail during the kitchen design process, so all costs determination is presented up front.
- We have great respect for budgets. This respect requires honest communication during the design process, so the balance between your dream and your budget can be met.
- We have a real understanding of actual (not estimated) costs, so when we offer a contract, the amount of the signed contract will be the same, or very close to, the cost at the conclusion of the project. The final cost will only change in cases where there is an agreement about a change to the scope of work.
- Remodeling your kitchen is both a considerable financial and emotional investment. It is also a significant investment of your time, especially if you want to be involved in the key decisions along the way. Knowing what to expect before your kitchen remodelers get started on the job will help you better prepare for the process. Kitchen Remodeling Contract Basics A remodeling contract is the next step after you and your remodeling contractor agree on the proposal and discuss a proposed project timeline. The fundamental concept of a contractor-customer agreement is to spell out the depth and scope of your kitchen remodeling project’s work. Read More
- With a kitchen remodel, it can be a dizzying experience to have to choose so many features all at once. However, having a clear picture of everything involved in your kitchen design and remodeling project can give you a major advantage of minimizing any last-minute, nerve-racking decisions. At Republic West Remodeling, we understand that kitchen remodeling can be an intimidating prospect, from planning the layout to selecting flooring and appliances. Here are several aspects to take into account if you are remodeling your kitchen: Let Us Start With the Topic of Resale Value We often hear from customers, asking us, “Will Read More
- You have officially decided to remodel your kitchen! But, now what do you do first? At Republic West Remodeling, we understand that planning a kitchen remodel is a massive undertaking with numerous variables to consider. Without a solid understanding of kitchen design trends, layout and product options, and costs, it can be difficult to know where to start. Below, we have put together some points to consider for those of you who are kitchen remodel “newbies,” as well as a refresher course for those seasoned homeowners who may be re-designing their dream kitchens once again. Plan with Passion and Practicality Read More
- Remodeling your kitchen is much more than merely repainting a few walls, choosing new countertops, and dropping a few new appliances into place. Unlike renovating other rooms in your home, a kitchen remodel involves many different aspects and often includes relocating existing plumbing, gas lines, and electrical runs, as well as reinventing the entire layout of the space. Many homeowners agree that it is best to hire experienced kitchen remodelers that can streamline and simplify the project for you, and leave the complicated work to the professionals. Effective Communication Key With Kitchen Remodelers Remodeling your kitchen is exciting, and it helps to increase the Read More
Schedule your freekitchen remodeling consultation
Transform your kitchen into your dream kitchen! Contact us today for the highest quality luxury kitchen remodeling. We proudly serve Scottsdale, Phoenix, and the Phoenix Metro area. Call (480) 428-2695 for your free consultation or contact us online.