Spruce Up Your Home Before You Put It On the Market
You are not alone. By last October, Americans had already spent more than $326 billion on remodeling projects for 2015, according to the 2015 Remodeling Impact Report from the National Association of Realtors.
But where should you spend your money to get the most return on your investment (ROI)?
According to the report, kitchen upgrades, complete kitchen remodels, bathroom renovations and new wood floors topped the list for having the most appeal to prospective buyers.
Yet, not all remodeling projects happen in a home’s interior. Realtors say roofing, windows, garage doors and siding were among buyers’ top favorites for exterior projects.
Making Reasonably-Priced Improvements
If some of the ballpark figures on remodeling projects are leaving you sticker-shocked, there are still many things you can do to spruce up your house, and they don’t have to be difficult. Here are a few examples:
- In the kitchen, take a good look at your old faucet. Replace it with a new one to give the room a more updated look. If your lights aren’t recessed, you may want to consider replacing the glass dome that covers the bulb. It’s an easy way to make something old look newer.
- If a bathroom renovation is completely out of the question for now, consider replacing an old-school shower curtain with one that is more modern, bright and fresh.
- In the front of your home, you can enhance curb appeal with simple projects like putting down fresh mulch, planting a few flowers or simply keeping existing areas weeded. Some of these projects take some time, but they can make a big difference on a reasonable budget.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to any room where the walls are scuffed. This easy task gives the house a cleaner look, and depending on the size of the room cost nothing more than a few gallons of paint.
- Finally, you can significantly improve the feel of your home without making a purchase at all. Many homes open into a common area, like a living room. But all too often these spaces appear cluttered to house hunters. Take time to carefully organize or decorate a bookshelf, or rearrange some furniture to help your home show better to potential buyers.
Home remodeling projects and renovations don’t just improve the value of your home, they also make your home more enjoyable to live in. If you are considering choosing a remodeling contractor in Phoenix, Republic West Remodeling is ready to help you with all of your renovation or home addition needs. Contact us today for a free consultation.