Home Remodeling in Scottsdale Outdoor Living – Part 2
This is the second part in a two part series on how to create an outdoor living space in Scottsdale. To read part one, click here.
Your outdoor living space in Scottsdale should enhance the overall design of your home through consistency and interesting elements. The goal is to create this space as an extension of your indoor rooms. The same look and feel helps create a natural flow and consistent design.
Some specific design ideas for outdoor space include:
- Incorporate Stone. Stone is a natural element for outdoor design. You can make use of it in walkways, seating, tables, benches, fountains and a host of other things.
- Protect Wood. If you have a deck or other wood elements, make sure to protect them regularly. Nothing detracts more from an outdoor design than worn, weathered wood.
- Add Accessories. Just as with a living room or kitchen, you accessorize for effect. Do so with your outside space as well. Incorporate items such as pillows, plants, candles, art and lighting. You want to create warmth and personality through your accessories.
The most important consideration with home remodeling in Scottsdale, especially for outdoor spaces, is to make sure you can accommodate the people who will be using the space. This means incorporating sufficient and comfortable seating and eating areas. You can determine the best placement depending on how you want your guests and family to communicate.
Other considerations include:
- Selecting the Right Materials for Home Remodeling in Scottsdale. You want to pay particular attention to sun exposure that can result in fading. Make sure your fabrics and materials can withstand intense UV light.
- Create Adequate Storage. Just like any other room in your home, you want to have enough storage space to avoid clutter. If you’re cooking outside, design your space for storage of utensils so you aren’t running back and forth to your indoor kitchen. Also make sure your storage areas are safe from outdoor critters!
- Add Access to Electricity. Living outdoors requires use of entertainment equipment, like speakers or televisions. It’s important at the start of your home remodeling in Scottsdale project that electrical outlets be available to support your desired space use. In fact, it’s better to have more than not enough when it comes to electrical outlets!
- Include Fire. Keeping your space warm during cooler times can increase outdoor living use. Adding an outdoor fireplace or pit can extend the amount of time you spend in your space. For many homeowners, nothing beats the ambiance of a warm fire on a cool night.
Adding outdoor living space creates a fun environment and increases your home’s value. As with any home remodeling in Scottsdale project, be sure to work with a reputable contractor with a solid track record in designing and building outdoor living spaces.
For additional information on creating an outdoor living space, contact us to see what Republic West Remodeling can do for you!