Six Contemporary and Modern Bathroom Remodel Ideas
A contemporary bathroom remodeling project can transform your common bathroom into a platform for chic and high-end style.
Whether you want a calm and relaxing space designed for peace and quiet or a high-tech room built for function, some of these modern bathroom ideas can inspire a major transformation if you are considering remodeling you master bathroom.
Contemporary bathroom remodeling allows for the incorporation of the latest high-tech bathroom products into your design without sacrificing style for function. From fixtures and faucets to color palettes, patterns and products, here are six of the hottest modern bathroom remodel ideas for 2016:
- Abundant light is an important design component of a modern bathroom. In addition to creating ample natural and artificial light, materials with a reflective surface can fill a contemporary bathroom remodel with sparkle and ambience.
- Clean and contemporary is the name of the game if you are trying to produce a more modern feel. Features, such as a glass-enclosed shower, sleek built-in tub and floating vanity help make your master bathroom a clean, simple and contemporary space.
- An important idea to consider when thinking about a contemporary bathroom design is a simple color palette and a color scheme. Using one color or shades of the same color can create a clean, simple feel. Taupes, off-whites and greys are an easy starting point to creating a modern, minimalist feel and look. Add an artistic look by incorporating geometric shapes to add interest and color, and patterns like chevron and herringbone to create a contemporary style that you’ll soak up each time you set foot in the space.
- Design strategies that make a master bathroom feel even more expansive are always welcome in modern design. If space is limited, think vertical. By lifting wall-mounted fixtures and faucets off floors and counters, they can add a modern, light and airy feel to a bathroom ordinarily weighted down by too many fixtures. Wall-mounted vanities also can bring the focus and the energy flowing. Another modern trend: ceiling showerhead fixtures that make you feel as if you’re standing under a waterfall.
- A free-standing bathtub can welcome long, relaxing soaks and also offer the chance to add a strong sculptural element to your modern bathroom. Additionally, these vintage, yet modern, bathtubs can often be the strongest focal point in the room.
- When it comes to tile choice, modern bathrooms require simple patterns rather than ornate ones. There are some simple, yet appealing, patterns that can be used in your master bathroom remodel. For example, try brick patterned tiles – it can offer a unique twist to the bathroom. Also, these tiles should be limited to one or two colors, and have a clean, simple appearance.
While a master bathroom is typically smaller than other rooms in the home, it should have lots of functionality and flexibility while still looking clean and comfortable. It definitely deserves some careful planning when it comes to remodeling to make sure it’s done right.
Whether it’s a traditional or modern look, Republic West Remodeling’s team of professional designers are very skilled at asking questions that can help provide better insight as to your personal style, tastes and preferences when remodeling a master bathroom. They can then offer suggestions and help you brainstorm ideas. They will provide images and renderings along the way to help you envision what various designs would look like in your bathroom space.
You can also browse our image gallery of previous bathroom remodeling projects to get ideas and inspiration.